Can be spelt as Glencryen or Glencryon. In 1851 Robert Aitken farmed 10 acres. He was born in 1796 and lived there with sons William (18) and Robert (15). He was still there in 1861 but had increased his farm to 12 acres. The farm disappeared long ago but was still shown on maps in 1903 – just below the present site of the Cumbernauld Model Flying Club.